Friday 27 July 2007

#19 Discovering Web 2.0

I chose Facebook, because I'd heard about it and it won the Social Networking category.
According to Facebook I have no Friends, and there is something called "the Wall" which in Sydney is a place in Darlinghurst where you can rent a young male friend.

Maybe I'm obtuse.. but a thread called "Would you lick the person above you in this thread?" seems perhaps not the best use of current technology. On the other hand, the one on Atheism was kind of interesting. The strange thing is that it was pretty much the same collection of posters on both threads. Fundamentally, I don't see these as much different to the old Bulletin Boards that have been around for years.

For me, Facebook isn't going to replace the current themed Forums and Bulletin Boards I currently use, and will continue to use in a subject orientated way. I guess I'm not looking for a date, but if I was I use a dating website. Facebook seems just too broad to have any real use beyond posting opinions on odd topics (presuming you have the time for that).

No comments: