Thursday 2 August 2007

#21 Podcasts, Smodcasts

I like the idea of podcasts, but I found my usual problem flicking through Yahoo! Podcasts. Generally speaking, I have trouble sitting long enough to get through an entire podcast. For example, I downloaded a 41 minute Podcast, and it took 35 seconds for me to be interrupted, and 2 minutes and 31 seconds for the TV to be turned on over the top.

So between kids, family and work, it is almost inconceivable to have that much listening time. About the only time I can listen to stuff is commuting, and generally I prefer music. For this I use an iPod, which even as we speak is downloading my podcast subscriptions, but even then it's hard to find time to watch/listen to them. I currently have 18 unwatched episodes of Chaser's War on Everything to watch on my iPod.

In principle fabulous, in practice not as good as a book, since I can generally quickly re-read the last sentence to get back on track.

No comments: